Looking to participate or be a part of the 3rd Annual Luzerne County & Beyond Got Talent Show? Click HERE to learn more!
NEPA Music Teachers Association “Talent Show” awards Music Scholarships
The NEPMTA, Northeast Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association, sponsors of the annual “Luzerne County and Beyond Got Talent Show” recently awarded Music Scholarships from proceeds of the Talent Show to the following High School Seniors: Isaac Bolan (Wyoming Valley West HS) , Yajat Gupta, Jasmine He, Caitlyn Maslar (Wyoming Area HS), Nicholas Roditski (Abington Heights HS), and Claire Stretanski (Wyoming Seminary Preparatory HS).
Pictured from l to r Front row : Andrea Bogusko, NEPMTA President & Chairperson Talent Show, Scholarship Recipients: Caitlyn Maslar, Claire Stretanski, and State Representative, NEPMTA member, and M.C. and Committee member of Talent Show Eddie Day Pashinski,
Back row: Chris Bohinski of WBRE’s PA Live and Talent Show Committee member, and Christine Leandri, NEPMTA Vice President and Talent Show Committee.
Other Talent Show committee members not shown include: Nina Cinti, Gwyn Cruz, Judith Fedor, Vince Fedor, Harvey Feldman, Kevin Hickman, Lynn Hurst, Kerry Miscavage, Anita Sirak, Chelsea Strub.
Photo courtesy of Curtis Salonik Photography
Congratulations to all who participated in the 2nd Annual Luzerne County and Beyond Got Talent Show!
Judges’ Choice $1000: Robert Zaloga & Tess Parchinski (Ballet to Pas de Deux from “The Nutcracker”)
Audience 1st Place $750: Mason Rinehimer (Dance to “Feeling Good”)
Audience 2nd Place $500: Jimmy Stranger (Vocalist/Guitarist to “Wicked Game”)
Audience 3rd Place $250: Joan Harris Centre Boys (Dance to “Rock ‘n Roll”)
Special thanks to all sponsors & donors who helped put on this year’s magnificent show!
2023 Season of Events
- Stay tuned for upcoming announcements!
Thank you to all who auditioned for LCABGT 2023's competition! Congratulations to everyone!
NEPMTA is a non-profit group of music teachers looking to showcase the talent in Luzerne County and raise money for scholarships.
Interested in becoming a member of NEPMTA?
Membership Benefits Include…
There are many advantage to being a member of our association but here are a few primary benefits:
- Local, state and national competitions, auditions, and festivals sponsored by MTNA, PMTA, and local NEPMTA help bring out the best in your students. This includes the annual Carnegie Hall and Kirby Center Honors Recitals.
- Local Music Teachers Associations throughout Northeast Pennsylvania foster ties among local music teachers.
- Yearly PMTA State Conferences bring artists and presenters of national caliber to Pennsylvania.
- MTNA Certification validates your studio teaching credentials for students, parents, and community members.
- MMTA Notes and MTNA’s American Music Teacher magazine bring teaching ideas and research into your home, keeping you abreast of current trends in music.